The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) announces the availability of the April 2014 edition of the DFI Journal, a peer-reviewed publication of high-quality papers related to the broad area of deep foundations engineering and construction. Volume 8, Issue 1, includes the following papers:
- Cross-hole Sonic Logging and Frequency Tomography Analysis of Drilled Shaft Foundations to Better Evaluate Anomalies Locations
- Interpretation of Augered Cast-In-Place Pile Capacity Using Static Loading Tests
- Towards a Performance-Based Design of Drilled Shafts
- Comparative Analyses of Large Diameter Bored Piles Using International Codes
- Energy Piles in Underpinning Projects – Through Holes in Load Transfer Structures
Current and past issues of DFI Journal are available online to DFI members. Members and nonmembers can order printed copies of the 2007-2013 volumes of the DFI Journal from the publications page of www.dfi.org; members at preferential rates. Subscriptions to the DFI Journal are priced at $306 for the online version and $340 for both print and online versions. To subscribe go to http://www.maneyonline.com/pricing/dfi
DFI Journal is published biannually. Papers are welcome on topics of interest to the geoprofessional community. Papers can be submitted online at http://www.edmgr.com/dfi. The editors can be contacted by email at email@example.com or visit www.maneyonline.com/dfi for further information.