The DFI Educational Trust has awarded five Women in Deep Foundations (WiDF) professional Development Grants of $1,750 each to women involved in design and/or construction of deep foundations to attend DFI’s 43rd Annual Conference in Anaheim, Calif., October 24-27. The grant includes free conference registration and covers related expenses for attending the conference.
The recipients are:
- Estela León Aguilar, P.E., geotechnical department manager, GFA International
- Wystan Carswell, Ph.D., EIT, technical specialist, Haley & Aldrich
- Allison Paraense, project engineer, F&W Construction Co.
- Kathryn Petek, Ph.D., P.E., associate geotechnical engineer, Shannon & Wilson
- Gabrielle Wojotowitz, Ph.D., principal geotechnical engineer, Aurecon
The grants are being presented during the Annual Conference at the WiDF Committee’s 4th Annual Networking Reception on Wednesday, October 24, from 6:30-8:00 p.m. To register for the WiDF Networking Reception or to sponsor the event, visit www.dfi.org/annual2018.
The WiDF Committee is comprised of women and men who are advocates for retaining women in the deep foundations industry. The goal is to foster greater success and interest of professional women in the industry by promoting networking events, endorsing outreach and building mentoring relationships.
Contact: Emilio S. Fandino, Trust Administrator, 973-423-4030, firstname.lastname@example.org.