Abstracts are being accepted for presentations at SuperPile ’20, a piling design and construction conference being hosted by DFI in partnership with ADSC. Abstracts are due September 27, 2019, and can be submitted at www.dfi.org/SuperPile20.
The 13th annual SuperPile Conference is taking place at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark in Missouri. This three-day event includes presentations on the latest developments in augered cast-in-place/drilled displacement piles, drilled shafts, driven piles, helical piles and tiebacks, marine foundations, micropiles, seismic and lateral loads, and testing and evaluation of foundation systems.
Presentation abstracts are being accepted on the following topics:
- Innovations and advancements in deep foundation design and installation
- Designing and constructing safely and effectively in urban environments
- Foundations in karst and erodible sedimentary bedrock
- Corrosion of buried structures
- Instrumentation, load testing, monitoring
- Alternative procurement methods and early contractor involvement
- Designing for resiliency under extreme or unexpected loading conditions (inclement weather, flooding, scour, seismic, liquefaction, lateral spreading)
- Re-use of foundations and other sustainable design approaches
- Piles and secant walls for access to deep tunnels
- Foundation optimization through risk management (geotechnical, contractual, communication risks)
- Working platforms
Conference highlights include DFI Technical Committee meetings; the Osterberg Memorial Lecture; presentation of the Ben C. Gerwick Award for Innovation in the Design and Construction of Marine Foundations; exhibits with more than 75 manufacturers, suppliers and service providers; and the Women in Deep Foundations networking reception.
For more information, visit www.dfi.org/SuperPile20.