DFI and the DFI Testing & Evaluation Committee continues the ITS Money (Increased Testing Saves Money) Webinar Series with a second webinar on June 3 and a third on August 12.
The webinars demonstrate how foundation testing conducted during the design phase can provide data that optimizes foundation designs and construction procedures, thereby saving money while increasing the quality of the constructed foundation.
The webinar on June 3, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST, includes the following presentations:
- “A Tale of Two Load Tests – Drilled Shaft Construction and Performance,” Paul Axtell, P.E., D.GE, Dan Brown and Associates
- “The I-480 Valley View Bridge Project,” Charles Winter, P.E., D.GE, Jacobs
- “Building Drilled Shafts to Bridge the Mississippi,” Brian Koch, P.E., D.GE, Michels Corporation
The final 2020 webinar on August 12, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST, includes the following presentations:
- “Design of Large Diameter Single Drilled Shafts Supporting the 650-Span Structure for the REM Project in Montreal Using Axial and Lateral Static Load Tests,” Riad Diab, Ph.D., SNC Lavalin
- “Subsurface Characterization and Impacts on Cost Throughout the Construction Life Cycle,” Mary Nodine, P.E., GEI Consultants
DFI members and government employees can attend each webinar for FREE. Nonmembers pay a nominal one-time fee that includes DFI Individual Membership through December 31, 2020. All must register to attend. After you register, click the links on the confirmation page to receive webinar login instructions.
Each webinar in the series provides 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) to registrants who log in and attend the entire webinar.
Learn more at www.dfi.org/ITSMoney2020