Registration is open for DFI’s ITS Money Webinar Series organized by the DFI Testing & Evaluation Committee. The webinars are streaming on October 2, 2019; December 4, 2019; and February 5, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST.
The webinars demonstrate how foundation testing conducted during the design phase can provide data that optimizes foundation designs and construction procedures, thereby saving money while increasing the quality of the constructed foundation.
Presentations for Wednesday, October 2 include:
- Savings from Testing the Driven-Pile Foundation for a High-Rise Building: Van Komurka, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, GRL Engineers
- Using Load Testing to Save Money and Time on the I-35W Bridge Project: Matthew Glisson, P.E., Braun Intertec
- Cost Benefits of Drilled Shaft Load Testing: John Turner, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, Dan Brown and Associates
Presentations for Wednesday, December 4 include:
- Dynamic and Rapid Pile Loading Test Program at Terminal 5, Port of Seattle: Brice Exley, Hart Crowser
- Performance of Various Pile Types in Sections of Brooklyn, New York – based on Load Test Results: Tasos Papathanasio, P.E., Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
- California High Speed Rail Drilled Shaft Load Testing: Kevin Burlingham, Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions
Presentations for Wednesday, February 5 include:
- Cost Benefits of Bi-directional Load Testing: Van Komurka, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, GRL Engineers
- Foundation Engineering Revisited to Reduce Bridge Construction Risk: Paul Axtell, P.E., D.GE, Dan Brown and Associates
Registration is free for DFI members and government employees, and $149 for nonmembers, for all three webinars that includes an individual DFI membership valid thru December 2020. For more information visit www.dfi.org/ITSMoney2019.