July 28, 2021, Hawthorne N.J.:
Abstracts are being accepted for presentations at SuperPile ’22, a piling design and construction conference being hosted by DFI in partnership with ADSC. Abstracts are due September 24, 2021, and can be submitted at www.dfi.org/SuperPile2022.
The annual SuperPile Conference is taking place at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark in Missouri. This three-day event includes presentations on the latest developments in augered cast-in-place/drilled displacement piles, drilled shafts, driven piles, ground improvement, helical piles and tiebacks, marine foundations, micropiles, seismic and lateral loads, and testing and evaluation of foundation systems.
Invited and selected presentations will highlight advancements, innovations, and challenges in design and construction of deep foundations. Presentations that highlight design approaches for foundation optimization, innovative approaches to foundation construction, and case histories/topics relevant to the Midwest region are encouraged. Panel discussions on current topics will provide attendees opportunities to share new ideas and industry experience.
Presentation abstracts are being accepted on the following topics:
- Innovations and advancements in deep foundation design and installation
- Designing and constructing safely and effectively in urban environments
- Foundations in karst and erodible sedimentary bedrock
- Corrosion of buried structures
- Instrumentation, load testing, monitoring
- Alternative procurement methods and early contractor involvement
- Designing for resiliency under extreme or unexpected loading conditions (inclement weather, flooding, scour, seismic, liquefaction, lateral spreading)
- Re-use of foundations and other sustainable design approaches
- Piles and secant walls for access to deep tunnels
- Foundation optimization through risk management (geotechnical, contractual, communication risks)
- Working platforms
For more information, visit www.dfi.org/SuperPile2022