DFII Geotechnical Characterisation for Foundations Committee – Progress Report 2
12th July 2021
We are pleased to present second progress report of DCGCF activities. COVID 19 pandemic did impact the progress, but DFII team is going steady in building required platform to achieve DCGCF mission.
2nd Progress Report
DCGCF members update
- With effect from June’21 Prof V S Raju, Retired Director of IIT Delhi handed over the Chairman responsibilities to Mr Amol Shingery, MD of Geotechnical Services, Nagpur, an active geotechnical professional with 40 plus year rich experience in the industry.
- We will continue to have Prof V S Raju’s services in advisor role to further the DCGCF mission.
- Dr Yogini Deshpande, Director of Renuka Enterprises, Dr Ravi Sundaram, Director, Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd., Mr Alok Samanta from Fugro Geotech Pvt. Ltd. Joined the committee since the last progress update was provides.
- DFII provides opportunities to more active geotechnical professionals to be part of this committee to enhance good practices in the country.
Latest update of activities of progress report dated 5th March’2020
- NSDC approval for 3-month full time training program for lab technicians is being pursued. Course materials will be posted on DFII website soon.
- National Academy of Construction obtained approval for setting up full fledged soil lab at their Hyderabad campus, procurement action completed, and this lab is likely set up by Sept’21.
- This will help us commencing different training programs in the future.
5-day short term lab technician program
- The committee felt the need of implementing this program to cover all the existing soil lab technicians to bring standardization in the geotechnical and foundation industry.
- Accordingly, course content and modalities for conducting this program has been successfully compiled by joint efforts of the committee. The details will be soon posted on DFII website.
- Possibilities of bringing under the ambit of NCDC/CSDCI are being explored.
- Pilot training program planned during July’21 to Sept’21 quarter at Hyderabad, Bangalore, Nagpur, Mumbai, Delhi cities.
- Training the trainers program planned before commencing pilot training program.
- Based on request of DFII leadership, IGS president and EC members agreed to be part of DCGCF activities. Role to be played by IGS team is being firmed up for the success of various skill programs and other professional development programs.
- A workshop is planned to be organised jointly by DFI US team and DFII team during the Oct’21 to Dec’21 quarter open to all geotechnical professionals in India on the topic” Raising the bar of Geotechnical Investigation Practices in India – the way forward”.
- Promotional activities will be carried out to reach out to all geotechnical investigation agencies in India with a request to be part of DCGCF programs to avail the benefits