DFI offers three levels of membership: student, individual, and corporate.
Learn more about all the benefits DFI members enjoy.
View a list of DFI’s Corporate Members.
See other resources available to members of DFI.
DFI is an international association of contractors, engineers, manufacturers, suppliers, academics and owners in the deep foundations industry. For almost 45 years, we have brought together professionals for networking, education, communication and collaboration. As a member, you help create a consensus voice and a common vision for continual advancement in the planning, design and construction of deep foundations and excavations.
Find Common Ground. Become a Member of DFI
Why Join DFI?
Here are just a few reasons:
Connect and communicate with industry peers through social media such as DFI’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
DFI has a diverse membership that encompasses all disciplines of our industry and performs the various specialties that comprise deep foundations. The membership includes people and companies from across the globe. Take a look.
There are three membership categories currently offered by DFI – view the details here:
Corporate Memberships are available in varying classes based on the type, location and size of organization. Each DFI Corporate Member organization, regardless of class, is represented by two employees, designated as DFI Corporate Member Representatives. Some Corporate Member organizations can also name additional employees as representatives in proportion to their size. If other employees of a Corporate Member organization wish to join DFI as an individual member, we offer a discounted rate (15% below independent individual member rate) and they will also be listed in the Corporate Member organization’s Directory listing. All Corporate Member organization employees who are representatives or discounted individual DFI members receive all member benefits. Corporate Member organizations are also asked to designate administrative, marketing, and billing reps who may or may not be official DFI members.
- Affiliate Corporate Membership allows multiple-office Corporate Member organizations to illustrate their geographical diversity by registering branch and/or affiliate offices as Corporate Members with their own corporate directory listing and representatives on www.dfi.org. The Affiliate must share the same name as the parent Corporate Member organization.
- Non-Commercial Corporate Membership allows non-commercial organizations such as government agencies, associations, societies, universities and union organizations to join DFI with their own corporate directory listing and representatives on www.dfi.org.
- Sustaining Membership Status is reserved for Corporate Members who contribute to a special Sustaining Membership Fund managed by the DFI Educational Trust, for the purpose of furthering DFI’s educational goals.
As a student, you can become a DFI member for free and benefit from all the opportunities DFI offers:
- Network with thousands of members and industry professionals.
- Expand your knowledge at conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Join one of DFI’s Technical Committees.
- Receive the online version of Deep Foundations magazine six times a year and the DFI Journal 2 times per year, and always be up to date.
- Access OneMine.org and download up to 125,000 articles, technical papers and books from DFI and organizations all over the world — at no cost.
- Connect and communicate with industry peers through social media such as DFI’s Facebook page and LinkedIn Groups.
Practitioners can join DFI as Independent Individual Members to keep abreast of developments in deep foundations and play an important role in contributing to the consensus voice of DFI. In addition, several discounted individual memberships are offered. Click here to view the Individual Membership prices.
- Corporate Member Employee Individual Membership allows employees of registered Corporate Member organizations to join DFI at a discounted rate.
- Government Employee Individual Membership allows public sector employees including federal, state and municipal agencies to join DFI at a reduced rate.
- University Employee Individual Membership allows full-time faculty members to join DFI at a reduced rate.
- Emeritus Individual Membership is reserved for individuals who have been members of DFI, either as Representatives of Corporate Members or as Individual Members for a minimum of 10 continuous years, and who have reached the age of 65 years and have retired from full-time employment.
The following Corporations and Individuals are recognized as the charter members of the Deep Foundations Institute.
DFI Sustaining Members are Corporate Member firms, currently in good standing, who contributed to a special fund from 1999 – 2006, prior to the establishment of the DFI Educational Trust, to supplement the dues income used to expand DFI’s educational goals