Working Platforms Industry-Wide Working Group
The Working Platforms Industry-Wide Working Group (WPWG) is an industry-wide forum gathered to improve design and construction practices that ensure safe working platforms for equipment used to install deep foundations.
Terence Holman, Ph.D., P.E.
Terry Holman is the senior principal – Geostructural and Construction Engineering for Geosyntec Consultants. He has more than 25 years of experience in geotechnical and geostructural engineering, design, and heavy-civil construction. His specialties include geotechnical design, analysis and construction; research and teaching in geotechnical and geostructural engineering and mechanics; constructability analysis; and evaluation of technical risk, especially design-build or P3 project delivery methods. Holman has served on the Board of Directors of ADSC, and is a member of DFI, ASCE, Geo-Institute and the Structural Engineering Institute. He received his Ph.D. in geotechnical engineering from Northwestern University, and his B.S. and M.S. in civil engineering from Drexel.
Scott A. Jacobs, P.E.
Scott A. Jacobs is a senior engineer for Keller supporting the Northeast region and assisting on projects nationwide. A registered professional engineer in seven East Coast states spanning from Florida to New York, Jacobs has 20 years of experience in geotechnical engineering and contracting. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and a master’s in geotechnical engineering from the University of Florida. He is a member of the DFI Drilled Shaft Committee and a voting member of the ACI 336 Drilled Shaft committee.
48th Annual Conference on Deep Foundations
October 31 – November 3, 2023 – Seattle, Washington
DFI Midyear Committee Meetings 2023
April 17-21, 2023
Outreach and Awareness Task Force
Developing outreach messages for general contractors, insurance organizations, state OSHAs, and architects.
Working Platforms Guidance
Industry-generated guidance for safe design, maintenance and administration of safe working platforms.
- ADSC Poster – Safe Working Platforms for Construction Equipment
- PDCA’s working platforms panel discussion webinar (October 2020) featuring WPWG members
- EFFC video on Safe Working Platforms
- Working Platforms: concerns and the requirement for an industry-wide effort to implement meaningful change when it comes to higher standards of safety, PileDriver magazine, Edition 3, 2019
- Federation of Piling Specialists – UK Working Platform Initiative and Calculation of Rig Bearing Pressure, presented at SuperPile ’18 by Derek Egan, Ph.D., of Remedy Geotechnics.
- Access the Working Platforms Sessions from 2022 DFI-EFFC Conference
Federation of Piling Specialists Bearing Capacity Tool